When the pandemic hit us, many people found themselves working from home, and sadly, many lost their jobs. This forced individuals to explore freelancing, leading to a surge in the number of freelancers worldwide. A recent study by Upwork revealed some intriguing insights:
- 33% of the U.S. workforce continued to freelance even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Younger, highly skilled professionals, especially those in the Gen Z workforce (ages 18 to 22), have embraced freelancing since the onset of COVID-19.
- Three out of four freelancers reported that their freelance gigs allowed them to earn the same, if not more, than their previous traditional jobs.
- 58% of non-freelancers (those working remotely because of the pandemic) are now considering freelancing as a viable future option.
The pandemic has undeniably accelerated the shift towards freelancing, and this trend is expected to continue as more and more young individuals seek the freedom to travel and work simultaneously.
However, if you’re new to freelancing, finding your first gig can be a daunting task. Even if you’ve been freelancing for a while, discovering new opportunities can be challenging. In this blog post, we’ll explore three proven ways to find freelance work in 2023.
- Sign Up on Freelance Websites
The internet is teeming with freelance websites that can connect you with both short-term and long-term freelance opportunities. Here are a few reputable platforms to consider:
SolidGigs is an excellent starting point for freelancers. You can set your preferences, and their team will send you freelance job alerts multiple times every weekday. This streamlines your job search process and keeps you updated on relevant opportunities.
With over 700 million users, LinkedIn is a goldmine for job seekers. Millions of jobs are posted across various categories. Use filters like location, date posted, company size, salary, and experience level to refine your job search.
Upwork is a massive freelance marketplace where millions of jobs are posted annually. Similar to LinkedIn, Upwork offers search filters to help you find online gigs and freelance opportunities tailored to your skills.
- Join Facebook Groups
Social media isn’t just for entertainment; it can also serve as a valuable resource for finding freelance job opportunities. Consider joining Facebook groups and communities that regularly post about freelance gigs. Here’s how to get started:
- Click on the “Groups” icon on the left-hand panel of your Facebook home screen.
- Use the search bar to find groups relevant to the type of freelance work you’re seeking. For instance, you might search for “content writer jobs.”
- Request to join the most relevant groups you find.
To kickstart your journey, you can join the “Digital Nomads Jobs: Remote Job Opportunities” group. It’s essential to stay in active groups that provide value, and if you find that a group isn’t offering any valuable opportunities, don’t hesitate to leave.
- Write Guest Posts
Writing guest posts for high-authority and relevant websites is a highly underrated method for finding freelance jobs. Guest posting offers several advantages:
- Reach a Wider Audience: When you write guest posts, you tap into the existing audience of the website, instantly expanding your reach.
- Increase Traffic: If you have your own website where you create content, guest posting can drive quality readers to your site.
- Get Hired: A larger audience and a strong portfolio built through guest posts can attract potential clients. If people appreciate your guest posts, they may reach out to you with job offers.
Freelancing is a profession that continues to gain momentum and is expected to grow even more in the future. The allure of choosing where you work, selecting your clients, and working on your own terms is undeniable. If you’re embarking on your freelance career, these tips will undoubtedly assist you in finding lucrative opportunities in 2023.
For CRM Solutions or Business Automation Services, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/WhatsApp at +91-7506506672.